Wednesday, December 10, 2008

Welcome 31

So on 12/09 I turned 31 - which I lovingly called finally entering into my 30s. I had a fantastic day and I thought it would be fun to give you a run down of the day. Hope you enjoy a small glimpse of my 31st birthday!
On birthday eve I went to eat dinner with Yoh, the Bennetts, little Lori and her boyfriend Dave. We went to Montana Ted's where I had a Bison burger with some avocado slice on it. Tasty!!
Here is the run down of the big day
6:30am - woke up as a 31 year old
6:45am - found an itunes gift card on my light switch (it had a 'B' on it)
7:05am - got into my car to drive to work & found a Starbucks gift card (it had an 'F' on it)
7:30am - went to my work mailbox & had 2 bday cards - one from my friend Zena and one from my bday buddy Holmie
7:35am - voicemail from my mom & grandma telling me Happy Birthday
7:45am - text from a basketball and softball player telling me Happy Birthday and a bag of candy from a student
8:30am - the strings class came and played Happy Birthday for me
9:31am - Happy Birthday email
9:51am - Happy Birthday email
10:00am - FCA Ryan came to say Happy Birthday to me and gave me a subway gift card
11:00am - 5th hour students sang Happy Birthday to me and I got a gift card to Dick's Sporting Goods and a card from one of my favorite special needs students
11:38am - ecard from tblakes
12:00pm - entire 6th grade sand Happy Birthday to me
12:19pm - 6th grade student gave me a birthday sugar cookie
1:10pm - ate lunch with my birthday buddy and others - Chipolte - - yummy!
1:50pm - Yoh came and interrupted a meeting to give my flowers-Gerber daisies (had an 'F' on it)
2:00pm - Happy Birthday email
2:25pm - Happy Birthday email
3:30pm - Happy Birthday text
3:45pm - a Hy-vee blue "green" bag-so funny to me and a 12pack of coke (had an 'O' on it)
3:50pm - a bag with a 'T' on it was on the door - inside the bag was a fantastic kansas jayhawk hat
4:10pm - Happy Birthday text
4:30pm - Birthday phone call from Markus Parkus
5:00pm - phone call from my December birthday friend - DJ
5:30pm - the 'P' present from Yoh - a brand new pair of tennis shoes! Wahoo!!
6:00pm - went to dinner with Yoh, Smithers, Andy, and little Mason at Barleys - love their spin dip
6:05pm - happy Birthday text
6:55pm - Happy Birthday text
8:00pm - came home from dinner

The day was super fun and I am sure that there is numerous things that I left out but it was just a great day. Sometimes as I get older I think that oh it won't be that great - its just another day or I have to work so really how much fun can it be. Well this year was a real good time. Thanks for all those people who helped make the day fun!

3 comments:

Tom and Leah said...

that sounds like an amazing day! i love that the strings class came and serenaded you. you've got some sweet worker buds. we love you!

Susan said...

We love you too!

Lauren Blake said...

after reading your blog it makes me kind of look forward to being in my 30's instead of 30 if i have as good of day as you. I praise God for the wonderful way He made you and that you are part of my life