Saturday, January 17, 2009

Maybe a country band??




Well I thought it was time for a drumming update. It is currently one of the fun things that I do that people actually want to hear about. I have continued my lessons with the amazing teacher Zach...he makes it fun and breaks it down so that I do not feel frustrated. I should add that every other hobby in my long life of 31 years has come very easy to me except for drumming. I think it is because the great Lord blessed me with the ability to be able to pick up anything that involves a ball rather quickly and He also blessed me with a great athletic ability. Soooooo with that being said anything with a ball takes me a little longer to grasp. Which is okay I am just not use to it. However Zach does not allow me to get frustrated he just shows me knew ways to do things. I have been working on several songs and a few I must say that I think that I am finally getting it down. I am almost positive because Zach said he was going to show me the fills to go along with one of the songs, so in my mind that means I must have the basic beat down for that song!! Whoo Hoo!! So the songs that I am working on are The Famous One, We are the Champions, Dr. Feelgood - by Aretha, I Told You So - Carrie Underwood. I am particularly getting the Carrie Underwood song down pretty quickly - this is the song that I am going to learn the fills for! Now I do have to admit I have not practiced as much as I would like in the last several weeks. I need to be better at that, but it is COLD in my basement at night!! However I do plan on sticking it out and getting at least 15 mins or so in each day!! For you drummers that are reading if you have any tips on how to get my foot to become better that would be fantastic - this is where I struggle the most! I have inserted to pictures one of me drumming and one of a future drummer his name is Noah Blake, remember this people! He looks way cuter but I think that is just because he is younger - gives him an advantage or something.





3 comments:

Lauren Blake said...

i can't wait to her you play "we are the champions". I was really impressed with what I heard at Yoh's party. Keep up the good work.

Tom and Leah said...

you are doing great! and they say it's good for the brain to take up activities that don't come natural. i'm proud of you, coach, just don't let your practice time slide now that you're the varsity assistant.

Paul said...

No comments yet on Noah? It would be cool if he was a drummer, but maybe he could practice that once he's out of the house?