Sunday, September 21, 2008

The Power of Music

I have always enjoyed music, growing up I had a pink ghettoblaster (it was a gift, not a color I would have picked out for sure). I have mostly just enjoyed the words that comes with the music. However recently since learning how to play the drums I really have started to also listen to the instruments not just the words. That can sometimes be hard especially if you know and enjoy the lyrics. So anyways I thought that I would share some things from my iPOD - just random facts and tid bits really - just go with it and if you don't wanna no hard feelings.
  • My iPOD has over 2500 songs
  • my playlists are: bucks freebies and funky ads, drums, god is truth, hey dj..play that once more, IHOP-Not the Pancakes, Pat Yoh said so, Pop! Goes the Weasel, Power it Up!, Saddle Up Buckaroo, Shake Yo Booty, Speechless, Study Buddy, Summer Fling, Worship Tunes, Wuv...Twoo Luv. (I can't take credit for all of them, Yoh did name most of them - she is more creative than me at these things)
  • One song that almost always makes me cry is Holy and Anointed One by Micheal Armstrong
  • Some of my favorite artists are Misty Edwards, David Crowder Band, Third Day, Pearl Jam, Dave Matthews Band.
  • I love the song My Best Friend by Weezer...puts a smile on my face and reminds me of Yoh always.
  • Oh What a Night by The Four Seasons is a song I enjoy dancing too.
  • Anything by John Mellencamp reminds me of college and dancing with my friends Hil and DJ in their dorm room or apartment.

I could go on much longer but hey why not get introduced to more music. Okay so here's what you do post a comment on what song or artist or music you enjoy. Maybe give me your favorite song, or the song that makes you dance, or the song that you turn up so loud and sing like crazy in your car, or a song that makes you cry.

3 comments:

Susan said...

Any Waterdeep album reminds of an era of my life, so that's always a winner. As far as singing out loud in my car, probably "Express Yourself" by Charles Wright & The Watts 103rd Street Rhythm Band from Remember the Titans. It's ironic that I like it, I know.

Alicia said...

A song that makes me dance......really who can sit still through 'Footloose!' Of course, you already know my love for 'You Look Wonderful Tonight.' And any Jimmy Buffett song makes me smile and feel like I am on a sunny beach, but I particulary enjoy Tin Cup Chalice.

Tom and Leah said...

astrud gilberto is the queen of bossa-nova. i especially like anything that she does with stan getz, a great jazz musician. i think i found out about her because of my mom's record collection. i still have the first album (vinyl) that i heard. i played an album for the kids the other day and couldn't stand still. it makes me want to swivel my hips.