Thursday, June 11, 2009

Starting the summer off


Well I am officially IN my summertime! As most of you know I decided to spend my summer in Michigan with my best friend on the planet - Melissa Yoh! I do want to say that I have been trying to post for a few days now however her Internet keeps kicking me off - LAME! So I am at panera and I have 30 minutes to use the free Internet here. So here you go. My trip was very successful we (Harley and I) went to Champaign, IL first to see my friend DJ (real name-Alicia/friend from college days) while there we went to a relay for life event, DJ works for the American Cancer Society and she had to do some educational things there at the event. Then the next day we went to church, a restaurant where we ate outside with Harley - she did very well, it was her first time DJ thought maybe it was something that we have done before since she was so good. Then after that we decided to spoil Harley a tad since she had been spending some time in the car with not much space so we took her to a park. This park has a very large paved path and it also has some off the paved path paths - which we did decided to venture to as well. While on the path DJ and I talked about all kinds of things and just enjoyed the weather and the scenery. DJ wanted me to take a few pictures of the nature so that she could load them on her computer and then later use them to look at to do some paintings. She enjoys painting and is getting quite good at it if I do say so myself. So the best part of the walk was during our talk about not so fun to talk about items that involved spiritual warfare and kicking spiritual things out of your house, and deliverance! All really uplifting topics - right? Well maybe once you are finished doing them they are. Well anyways while we were talking about those items out on the path about 8 feet in front of us was a beautiful deer. We immediately turned around - mainly so that Harley would not see it! Then I went up and captured some photos! So below are some of the photos that I took in the park.  (no worries I wont post pictures with every post!)



A bridge in the middle of the meadow
A deer that was like 8 feet in front of us, Harley did not notice (whew!)
Orange daisies - what can I say I LOVE ORANGE
Trees and sidewalk - with a different approach from the photog 

Okay so now that Harley and I are officially in Michigan and enjoying life with Yoh and Mason Thomas I will also give you some details about that. Mostly we have been just hanging out in the apartment and around Ann Arbor. You know typical summer things: staying up late and sleep in, going on walks with the dog, watching a couple of movies, journaling, praying. Yoh and I went out to eat and to a movie the night that she had off. We saw UP it was cute and in 3-D!! It has been kind of gloomy here so far so no pool time has taken place yet - but it will soon - i can feel it. Next week Yoh has 3 days off in a row so we are going to go to Pat Yoh's house and then head to Cedar Point which is an amusement park with at least 17 roller coasters!!! FUN! So I will keep you posted on that for sure! Other than that I am just hanging out with my best friend on the planet and enjoying the face to face time while I can - you know in between her working and sleeping times! :) 

1 comment:

Alicia said...

Seeing the deer was amazing! Glad to hear that you are enjoying Michigan!