Tuesday, June 30, 2009

Theodore

Theodore eating some leftovers that the birds left behind
He is scoping out the scene!

Alright one of the fun parts of my day is watching this chipmunk. He comes around Yoh's patio everyday, I think that he lives in one of the shrubs in front of her porch. Well Harley has really enjoyed watching him. I named him Theodore. So everyday Harley spots him eating some leftover birdseed and she just stares at him and her whole body becomes stiff like a statue. She is weird. Who knows what she would do if she would actually catch him. But for now the sliding glass door will continue to separate them. I have always said that my dog is pretty smart, she really is - I am sure it is the bird dog in her! So just the other day she was laying far away from the glass slider and she was kind of asleep - and I saw that Theodore was visiting for his afternoon snack and I just said to her "Theodore is here" and man she jumped up and ran over to the window! So when Yoh woke up we tired it again and sure enough she went right over to the window to check and see if he was there! 

2 comments:

Alicia said...

Oh fun times-you have a chipmunk friend. Have you tried to feed him from your hand yet? I like the name choice of Theodore....I may have gone for Mr. Chipmunk though.

Tom and Leah said...

i'm glad you didn't name him alvin. he was such a trouble-maker. theodore was really the cutest one.

can't wait for harley to watch the squirrels around our house!