Tuesday, September 1, 2009

Volleyball

well this year I am taking on a new different challenge and it is really almost over. I am the head 8th grade volleyball coach. I enjoy coaching a ton so it was sort of easy for me to say yes to this opportunity. I will admit to you guys - any of you that are reading this - that volleyball is the sport that I know the least about. I never played volleyball on a team only for fun and in P.E. classes. I chose to play softball year-round instead, mostly because I was WAY better at softball than volleyball.
Anyways the season opener is tomorrow and the last game is September 30th, fast season! My team is really great a few of the girls on my team were the national champions this summer in a 13 and under league. So we should be real decent and be successful. I know that I handle the coaching aspect of these girls but I am curious to see how the drama or no drama might play into this short season. Since a few of them play on a club team together and the other girls do not, it could be interesting. My outlook is that we will win most games and that the drama will start to rise the last week of the season and then I will not have to worry about it because the season will be over.
If you want to come catch a game just let me know and I can give you a schedule I will warn you that most games start at 3:15 - however they are free and the concession stand should be open.

1 comment:

Tom and Leah said...

good thing i can take my work with me, we're looking forward to the games. and i hope the concession stand is open, nothing like the smell of popcorn wafting into the gym.