Thursday, July 29, 2010

Why I don't do dishes

Suds coming out from the little crack
More suds
The towels are really not helping too much
An important homeowner purchase. A wet vac!

So I was trying to be helpful and load and run the dishwasher - however I made one tiny mistake and it took a little while to fix and I needed some back up help from my teammates at 6860! So do you have any guesses on what the tiny mistake was? Or where this is at?
No worries the problem did get fixed and the dishes, the dishwasher, and the floor are all in tip top condition - or at least they were when I left!

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey! That's my house!

Paul

Susan said...

Uh-oh. He's on to you.

Carlye said...

Did you use regular dish soap? My roommate in college did this twice and it's because she used reg. dish soap instead of the designated dishwasher stuff. needless to say, we had to pay the landlord for damages :( hope you figure it out!

Lauren Blake said...

Paul did that before too... no worries. I recongnize the towels and yellow walls.

Maasen said...

True it is Paul and Laurens house & i used the liquid regular soap. So Leah made an announcement that people should do the dishes since the PBlakes were out of town. I jumped on it and did the dishes with Sam, Kate, and Big Cass. I decided to run the dishwasher after Susan said it was okay.So I grabbed the HUGE white container under the sink and put it in the dishwasher - just assuming it was the dishwasher soap because it was such a big container...however it was not. Thankfully Big Cass left her water bottle over there and had to go back later to get it and she saw all the suds so she cleaned up the suds and turned it off. Then the next day team 6860 went to babysit the dishwasher and clean it up.

Tom and Leah said...

thanks for stepping up and answering the call to do the dishes, but maybe next time we should let someone else do them...

Maeret said...

thats just hilarious. I love that the good ol' fashioned 'I used the wrong soap' approach. It always gets you out of anyone ever asking you to do the dishes again.

Kidding! I know it was an honest mistake. Nevertheless, hilarious.... the sight of the suds coming out everywhere.....mmmmm