Saturday, October 30, 2010

Fritz's

So the other day we went to what I think is one of the best places in the world. Fritz's! This is a restaurant that is in KCK (the original one) and that I went to a lot when I was a child. This restaurant is one that I went to with my Grandma Marlin pretty much all my life. It is the famous restaurant that brings your food to you on a train! So fun - for all ages!! My grandma (86) still gets a kick out of it and she has been going there for a really long time. If you decide to go I highly recommend the Gen Dare burger, it is a cheeseburger (a thin one like Winsteads), with grilled onions, pickles, mustard, ketchup, and hash browns - yep hash browns that is the key. You can get something else however it is the best item on the list, and they are famous for it. I also recommend the onion rings and the root beer also very great there too. 
Leah, Cass, my grandma, and me went to eat lunch there on Friday. We all had so much fun. Leah even ventured out and tried the Gen Dare - she liked it! Cass thought it was pretty cool how our food came to us on a train. All in all it was a very successful trip with great people and amazing food. It was fun that Leah and Cass got to meet my grandma. 


The Gen Dare and some great sides


A fake Fritz's train
The little engineer 

This is our food! Being delivered by the train! 

Cass watching the train and our food 

The satisfied customer.


5 comments:

Carlye said...

We LOVE Fritz's (mostly because the kids love it so much...and by kids I mean Sean :) Thanks for sharing the pics and the sweet memories!

mountain girl said...

Looks like a great place. I wish they had a healthy vegetarian joint that sends you your food on a train. :)

Kait said...

I'm with Mia!

Susan said...

Anything that has burgers like Winstead's sounds good to me - trains are a bonus.

justjess said...

Nice, the last picture of little Cass is my favorite. Nicely done. I thought of you lots today as Gabe and I galavanted all over Idaho taking lots of pics. Wish you could have been there, it was GORGEOUS!

P.S. I agree with Mia and Kait!