Friday, October 26, 2007

Paper Clips - Movie Review


The Movie Paper Clips is fantastic! I am not normally a documentary movie type of person, however this one is good! I would recommend it to all types of people, especially teachers, kid loving people, and people interested in the Holocaust.

Here is a small paragraph that tells you a little bit about the movie:

Whitwell Middle School in rural Tennessee is the setting for this documentary about an extraordinary experiment in Holocaust education. Struggling to grasp the concept of 6 million Holocaust victims, the students decide to collect 6 million paper clips to better understand the enormity of the calamity. The film details how the students met Holocaust survivors from around the world and how the experience transformed them and their community.

So if you are interested in watching it you can borrow the one I have rented if you would like. Just let me know!

7 comments:

Tom and Leah said...

how did you hear about this movie? i'm very interested, did you get it at the blockbuster? good review, thanks for scoping out a new movie.

Markedbyone said...

You are so right, I have it at my house and it was really powerful. mark

Alicia said...

Maase-

just checked out the blog and it is completely you..which is fun! Nice job. I'm sure you can figure out the picture thing. If I did it from Ghana, I know you can!

Alicia said...

Um...okay. I didn't know I had a google log-in until it told me I did. So, I definitely didn't know what my display name was....I'll change that to my name now!

Alicia

Maasen said...

I found out about this movie because I use netflix and it was a recommended movie due to others that we had rented. I watched again and it was just as good.

Susan said...

Is it kind of a depressing movie? Eric and I were considering it for date night, but we had a string of depressing movies earlier. We're trying not to repeat that. I'd still like to watch it either way, maybe just not for date night.

Maasen said...

I would not classify it as a depressing movie. I did cry but it was more tears of amazement and awesomeness of a community. So tears more so of joy not of depressing