Saturday, June 28, 2008

Drum playing update


Well I figured it was time for a drum update since I have been playing, maybe I should say learning to play for a little over 2 months now. I will say that I am to the point where it actually feels like I am playing something and keeping a beat. Am I ready for an audience - no prolly not quite yet. For the last two months I have been working on the three way coordination - which my teacher says is in many songs in some way. I just take his word for it. The three way coordination involves the snare, the bass drum, and the high hat. So I think that I have finally got those down at least at a slow speed with out making numerous mistakes. Then today at my drum lesson I learned how to involve the other three drums. So now I know a pattern that involves the snare, the bass drum, the high hat, the 2 toms, and the floor tom. It is a pretty awesome feeling I must admit. And next time I have a lesson (which is not for a month due to weddings, and the Jamaica trip) I get to bring my iPOD and play along with a song that I enjoy. So if anyone has any suggestions send them my way. I am hoping some of my favorite bands do something simple that maybe this chick drummer can handle. I truly am excited that I have found something fun to do and who knows maybe someday I will play a song in front of people and they will enjoy it!

3 comments:

Tom and Leah said...

bring it on! promise you'll learn to twirl the sticks before the lessons end. i'm waiting for the best drum solo ever. you rock...litterally and figuratively.

Alicia said...

Nice job Maase! Can't wait to here you play along with a song!

Angel McAdams Prescott said...

Remember as soon as you get really good, Sean may need to use you as his understudy in his band. No pressure but he will be on maternity leave from the band for a while after baby girl prescott is born so he may need ya ready to go within the next ten weeks. I have faith that you can do it!