Wednesday, June 25, 2008

Finished for now!

Okay so I will start by saying that I have been getting some flack for not posting for a month, or only posting when it has to do with Pat Yoh! So I will post now about some information that has changed and most of you might already know - if that is you then you can just stop reading or click on the comment section and say hello!! :)

About a month ago the high school basketball coach that I work under at BVNW decided that it was best for him to quit now and to go in another direction. This was very hard to hear because he was helping change the program in the right direction - however there were many people who do not agree with that statement mostly parents and the administration. So he felt that there was too much politics and felt that he was only going to be able to stay for one year and then the likelihood of him getting fired after that was highly possible. So then after he quit all the assistants then had to make our own decisions. I thought about it, talked about it, and prayed about it. And after about two weeks I decided that the best choice for myself and for the girls involved in the program was to quit coaching at the high school program. I am sad however I feel a huge peace over the decision and the choice that I made.

I am going to try to coach 8th grade girls at the middle school level if there is enough girls that go out. It is a shorter season and less of a time commitment. And you teach lots more fundamental things about the sport - which is really my favorite part, also the most important part! So with that being said I plan on filling up that time with church things, taking pictures, playing my drums, and of course hanging out with my friends.

4 comments:

cass said...

i like your blog list and how long it has been since they have updated. so now i dont have to go thru everybody's blog checking for updates. i can just go straight to yours. looking forward to fonduing it up with you next week

cass said...

so i just read the comment i just left and the first sentence doesnt make any sense. but... i think you know what i mean.

Maasen said...

it made since to me girl no worries. Hope you are feeling better and see you soon, fonduing is going to be jsut grand

Tom and Leah said...

hey i never asked, did said "coach" keep his teaching job? awkward. for the administration, that is.