Saturday, March 21, 2009

"Early in the morning"

Okay so for awhile now something has been standing out to me when I read the Bible. It is a simple phrase or group of wording that I come across. "Early in the morning," "Early the next morning," "Rose early," and others similar to it. These verses have stood out to me for awhile, and I started praying into them to see if I was suppose to be getting up early to 'workout'/worship with the Lord again. (Background: I trained for a marathon a few years back and did quite a few early morning runs due to coaching high school sports after work - and I really heard from the Lord at those times.) So I talked to Yoh about it a bit and then today I did a key word search look on the phrases that I mentioned above and they appear in the Bible over fifty times. (And yes I did highlight them - with my favorite color!) So I just thought it was awesome how many time the Lord spoke to people in the Bible in the early morning and many peoples days started off with conversations, events, etc. with the Lord. So I am praying into what I should be doing. In the meantime if any of you - my fellow readers have any more insights, knowledge or studies in this area please pass it along to me. I think this is at least an area that the Lord wants me to gain knowledge in! You can either comment on my blog so that it benefits others or send me something via email. Thank you in advance. 

1 comment:

Alicia said...

Hey Maase-Not sure of any studies on this, but just wanted to add that I have found waking up early beneficial in my walk with the Lord. For me, it is the one time of the day that is totally quiet and peaceful and I don't feel stressed, so I can really concentrate and pray. I love when the weather is decent and I can go outside in the morning....the world is so quiet, just the birds...it’s hard not to feel God in that moment. Plus, spending time focusing just on God first thing in the morning helps set the stage for the day. Have a safe trip back!