Monday, March 16, 2009

Michigan - first 2 days

Well Spring break is finally here!! I am in Ann Arbor (A2 as we refer to it). I am having a great time of course - mainly because I am getting some face time with my friend Melissa Yoh! So I thought I would tell you what we have been up to so far. 
I took the Megabus here from Kansas City and it was great however there were some college kids on the bus that were going to Chicago to party it up for St. Pats day! They were sort of loud - which is fine because I had my iPOD but I totally could have gone without hearing all the bad words - gee wiz they said a ton of them. Other than that the Megabus was another great cheap trip. 
So when I got to Michigan Yoh picked me up and we went back to her apartment so I could take a shower because I was a little gross from being on a bus for about 15 hours. Yoh made me some of my favorite things and went to the store to buy some of my favorite things also. She made scotcharoos and beer dip, the fridge also has a supply of coke in there just for me!! She spoils me! After my shower we got in the car and headed to Pat Yoh's house for the night. At Pat Yoh's house we just hung out with Schmoop and the girls mostly. We fed the animals, went to Wal-Mart, went to eat at a restaurant called the Barn - which is basically a place that makes good old home cooking! Tasty. Then Sunday we went to church at Pastor Johns church, watched some hoops, took naps, watched/played with the girls ate dinner - then headed back to A2 so Yoh could go to work. While Yoh was at work I watched some cable television, ate tasty food - cheetos, scotcharoos, beer dip, and washed it all down with a couple cokes!! Then I went to bed around 2 am. So far my spring break has been delightful. That is all for now - more later!

5 comments:

Lauren Blake said...

so glad you are having a great time. I hope you will post some pictures for us so we can see yoh and her new environment. we miss you both.

Tom and Leah said...

enoy your junk food now sister, 'cause you've got two weeks before your first game and you can't be standing on first base with a cooler full of coke next to you! i am jealous, though, scotcheroos are one of my favorites too.

Susan said...

Hurray! I've been curious about how much fun you two have been having. I almost texted, just to say not to have too much, but I'm not sure that's possible. Love you both!

Allison said...

Huzzah for fun times with wonderful people! (Just so you know, I don't through the huzzah word out there all of the time. Just when the situation earns it.)Have fun on the rest of your spring break 09 A2 trip. ;)

Alicia said...

Glad you made it safely on the MB...any movies? Give Yoh a big hug for me!