Sunday, November 18, 2007

Tis the Season

Well it's that time of the year again- - basketball season! It started this past Monday November 12th. There are so many things about basketball season that I love: the smell of freshly varnished gym floors, the sound of basketballs bouncing, the girls saying "hey maase", the sound of squeaking tennis shoes, the sound the net makes when the ball goes through the net, all the sounds that you hear when you just stand at practice for your eyes closed for just a minute. Of course there are a few things that I do not like about the basketball seasons: the hours(i spent24 hours in the gym for practice in 6 days- YIKES!), that the season is during all the fun holiday breaks from school-so I don't have much of a "break", dealing with parents who complain, trying to get everyone into the game..I'm sure that there are more but I am to tired to remember them, but I do know that the pros do outweigh the cons or I would not do it.

I do think that the teams will be more successful and more competitive against other schools than we have been in the past. My team - the JV team - should be pretty good, and be able to handle ourselves against the other EKL teams, they might even be able to press more often which is something that is fun to do and watch as a coach.

So if you have not seen me in awhile or heard from me it is because I am mostly likely doing something related to the high school basketball team that I coach. You can come catch a game anytime you want. The schedule is located at www.highschoolsports.net just find the school which is Blue Valley Northwest and select girls basketball - JV and you should see the schedule, if that doesn't work then just email me or post a comment.

1 comment:

Markedbyone said...

I agree, I love basketball time of the year, the sounds, the scores, the shorts, well, maybe not the old short shorts. I plan on coming to see at least one of your games this year. Go maas!