Saturday, August 21, 2010

i taught this kid

KC ROYALS DRAFT PICK: With the fifth pick in the 2010 MLB Draft, the Royals have selected Jason Adam, a local prospect out of Blue Valley Northwest. Adam is 6′ 4″ and around 225 with a blazing fastball. He was named a 2009 East Kansas League All-Star and a 2009 All Sun Baseball Team honorable mention last season. He has a lot of room to grow and can improve his power dramatically over the next couple of seasons in the minors. The consensus amongst most baseball scouts was that Adam would be a second round selection, so the Royals may have caught a huge break by him falling to the fifth round and can get him to sign.

I tried to find a picture of Jason however I cannot locate one. I know that people read the posts when there are pictures!
I liked Jason when I taught him he was one of those good kids. He was always doing the right thing, he even participated in the FCA huddle that I helped lead.

I am pumped to cheer him on when he is wearing the powder blue!! Heck I might even buy a jersey!

5 comments:

cass said...

sweet! that is so cool!

Lauren Blake said...

Maybe we will have to go to a royals game with you and check him out! cool news thanks for sharing

Allison said...

awesome!

Carlye said...

Right on!! I pray many kids that have been taught by you go out and become something wonderful in this world.
No doubt that you are great at what you do. It's nice to see that you get confirmation of that!

justjess said...

Of course you'll buy a jersey, or at least another t-shirt. Show your support Maas, that's what you do!