Thursday, November 21, 2013

Nov. 8-21

Day 8: My grandparents. I was blessed with pretty amazing grandparents. We did fun things together growing up: spending the night, gardening, eating at fritzs, playing in the yard. They all did a great job of being involved in my life whether it was phone calls, fun mail, or just coming to watch me in my sporting events. My Grandma Marlin is still here on earth - almost 89 - I still get to see her and talk to her on a somewhat regular basis. There are lots of days where I miss my Grandma Maasen - she was funny and had some pretty great stories about my dad as a kid!

Day 9: My 4Runner - I am just thankful I was able to buy a car that I have wanted for a long time. It is more reliable than my old car that was barely hanging on. I ma just glad I have a car that I can count on to get me from point A to point B - which is mostly to work, but sometimes on road trips to Ohio!

Day 10: Coca-Cola Classic! It is tasty and it makes my day a little brighter when I guzzle down the fizz! YUM

Day 11: My dad - 1. he is a veteran, and I am thankful that he helped in the Vietnam War. 2. He loves me a lot and shows me on a regular basis - mostly through random acts of service or gifts. 3. He is a softie, he acts tough but really he cries at most of my coaching or teaching stories - he has a big heart.

Day 12: Pets. I currently do not have a pet and that is okay because I live in an apartment and I coach long hours so that would not be fair. I loved having pets as I was growing up, just fun to play with them or when I was having a bad day they would just make it better. I do miss my Harley Dog pretty often because she was fun, softest fur ever, and a great dog. So until I get another dog, I will continue to dog/house sit for friends and get my dog fix that way.

Day 13: College - I went to Northwest Missouri State university, home of the Bearcats. I fell in love with that school when I went to visit there. The main pull was that they had an elementary school on campus - so I could get lots of my teaching credit and observation hours right on campus. I loved my professors/mentors that I had in the P.E. Department. I made several friends through my degree and my sorority, many of them I still actually see and talk to on a somewhat regular basis. Seriously one of the best decisions I have made  in my life!

Day 14: My Former Athletes - I enjoy keeping in contact with my former athletes. I love to see what is going on in their lives and not just what is on Facebook. I love when the out of town girls text me or ask to meet up when they are home for breaks or vacations. Sometimes they even contact me when something difficult has happened to them or their family - this is usually really hard on me, but I am still thankful that they care about our relationship to let me know about it. I am glad that they do not just look at me as a person that coached them for a year or so and then move on, I love staying connected to them.

Day 15: Bible Study Girls - I meet with 12 high school girls on a monthly basis to discuss life, the Bible, and how to continue to make great Godly decisions. They were all my students and/or athletes in middle school. They are all terrific young ladies and it has been really fun getting to know them on a deeper level. They are already amazing women working for HIS kingdom I am excited to see what else HE has planned for them.

Day 16: Raining days on the weekends - I am not a huge fan of rain, however I do love some cloudy, raining, lazy couch days on the weekend, it is almost as great as a snow day!

Day 17: Torah study with Emma - It is just fun to read the Torah portion out loud. Look up cross references, look at maps, and read the scripture in other versions. Just pure fun!

Day 18: College Football - I like to watch college football games on TV or in person. I like the pace of the game better than the NFL.

Day 19: Kingdom Living - This is my church/community. I love it. I enjoy the people that come to the community, I love our closeness we have built over the years. I just enjoy being part of a group that is trying hard every day to do what God wants us to do.

Day 20: Boot Camp - Yes it is at 5:00AM 2 days a week - however once I get there it is usually a grand old time. Great fun ladies!

Day 21: My Health - I am thankful that I do not have any real health problems and that I rarely get sick. It is just great to be able to do what I do and not have too many aches and pains to hold me back!

No comments: